UnityPoint Health Unit Clerk-3rd Floor Orthopedics-Methodist West in West Des Moines, Iowa
Provides clerical support to the health care team of a 34 bed Orthopaedic Unit. Primary patient population includes Total Knee Replacements and Total Hip Replacements.
Provides communications support and is responsible for clerical work on the unit under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Successful performance contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, improved patient care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families.
• Manages supplies and patient care supplies i.e., order, obtain and store supplies
• Performs job tasks and duties as outline in the job description/task list while in a secured area
• Assists with maintaining readiness of patient care equipment
• Efficiently and accurately maintains patient records
• Utilizes a holistic approach appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations
• Prioritizes dissemination of information using available technology
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent. Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
Experience: Customer service in a medical field or office preferred.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Administrative/Clerical Support and Customer Service.
Requisition ID: 2020-82239
Street: 1660 60th
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $12.93/Hr.
Name: Orthopedic 3- West
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: As Needed 7A-7P to cover openings during weekdays and weekends
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org