UnityPoint Health Ultrasound Technologist II-Ultrasound-Methodist West in West Des Moines, Iowa
Under the direction of a Radiologist or PA, performs Diagnostic and Interventional Ultrasound Procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative to apply Ultrasound Technology. The primary goal of UnityPoint Health – Des Moines is to provide the best possible health care to the sick and the injured. Diagnostic procedures performed by the Ultrasound Technologist contribute directly toward this goal.
• Produces Diagnostic Ultrasound of patients in conformance with established department techniques and procedures by the proper selection and accurate operation equipment, technical factors, and assist the Radiologist or PA in the interpretation of the technical aspects of the completed examination.
• Consistently utilizes a holistic approach (considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area.
• Provides proper explanation of procedures to patients, their families, and others as needed to insure the patients understanding of the examination to be performed.
• Coordinates the work schedule for patients and procedures for efficient patient workflow.
• Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination while assisting Providers with procedures.
• Assists in the transfer of patients to and from the examination table and provides proper immobilization devices for positioning or transporting as required.
• Evaluates requisitions for the proper and accurate completion of the Ultrasound examinations, completes additional paperwork for record keeping, and aids in the proper storage of completed exams.
• Maintains knowledge of all Ultrasound Equipment in the department.
• Covers call and rotates shift to ensure proper coverage for Ultrasound.
• Assist in the educational training of the Student Radiology Technologists.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities, objective and open to other’s views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to positive team goals, puts success of team above own interest.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
Education: Graduated from an accredited ARDMS program
Experience: No experience required.
License(s)/Certification(s): ARDMS Registered in Physics and at least 1 category; 2 categories within 6 months of hire. (Category i.e. Abdomen, OB/Gyn, Pediatric, Breast, Vascular). Maintain ARDMS CEU requirements. Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from date of hire.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions. Must understand Ultrasound routines and provide diagnostic Ultrasounds.
Requisition ID: 2021-87722
Street: 1660 60th
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $31.09/Hr.
Name: Ultrasound- West
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Varied as needed
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org