UnityPoint Health Supply Tech-Central Sterile Processing-Methodist West in West Des Moines, Iowa
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, responsible for the efficient and timely management of instruments, supplies and equipment resources used for the delivery of patient care.
• Performs cleaning, disinfecting, and decontamination duties on medical equipment.
• Sterilizes instruments, equipment and supplies. Perform quality indicators and maintain sterilization records.
• Assembles instruments, instrument trays, and packs including documentation.
• Receives, issues, stores, and distributes supplies with accurate documentation.
• Assures proper storage of sterile supplies and equipment using first in first out rotation and periodic outdating.
• Assembles case carts accurately and in a timely manner giving priority to emergency and next day cases.
• Fills supply and instrument order requests as received from other areas.
• Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Maintains inventory supply levels.
• Properly operates equipment according to manufacturer recommendation.
• Demonstrated proficiency in electronic instrument tracking and management systems and supply management system.
High School diploma or equivalent. Must read, write, speak and comprehend English fluently. Knowledge of medical supplies and supply distribution is preferred. Must have the ability to perform basic computer skills. Require long periods of walking and standing. Maximum lifting and pushing of supplies weighing 50 pounds or more. Dept of Labor Level III (Medium) Work. Effective for all job offers made July 1, 2010 or after, candidates must successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment strength and agility test at Medium Level of Work.
Requisition ID: 2018-50165
Street: 1660 60th
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $12.20/Hr.
Name: Sterile Processing- West
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8am-630pm (4 days a week) with rotating call or 10am-630pm (5 days a week) with rotating call
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org