Cardinal Health Pharmacy Operations Support Intern in West Des Moines, Iowa
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
The Operations Support Intern is working with our OutcomesMTM business located in West Des Moines, IA. This person is responsible for responding to specific business and functional needs within the OutcomesMTM business and executing work according to guidance. Employees in this category are assumed to be in a learning or support mode for a temporary period of time.
- Applies knowledge and company policies to complete a variety of tasks
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult requiring judgment in resolving issues
- May assist in recommendation of processes on new assignments
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Enforce program policies and procedures
- Support the Outcomes Personal Pharmacist™ Network through systematic and consistent feedback and coaching regarding clinical appropriateness of interventions
- Prevent fraud, waste and abuse by the OutcomesMTM Personal Pharmacist™ Network
- Identify quality improvement opportunities through ongoing evaluation of the efficiency and effectiveness of the quality assurance program
- Other duties as assigned
- Education & Experience
- Current P2 Pharmacy student
- Community Pharmacy experience preferred
- Must be able to work up to 20 hours per week
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technical proficiency related to PC and basic office software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to work autonomously (with minimal direction) while also being part of an integrated team
- Must be able to manage competing demands and multiple priorities, while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organization, demonstrating professionalism and good judgment at all times
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs