Catholic Health Initiatives Network Nursing Leader, Mercy Health Network- Central Iowa, FT (Days) in WEST DES MOINES, Iowa
Network Nursing Leader, Mercy Health Network- Central Iowa, FT (Days)
GENERAL SUMMARY :
Responsible for helping to assure quality and the continuum of health care delivery by serving as a liaison between rural physicians, patients, Network affiliate facilities, Mercy Medical Center – Des Moines and Mercy Health Network – Central Iowa. This may also include applicable clinic staffs. This Consultant acts as a resource person for the Network affiliates and serves as the coordinator of clinical programs and services. Regular travel to Network affiliate facilities is required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
· Responsible for being available and responding to Network CEO’s and DON’s on a consulting basis to improve and maintain the clinical performance of the Network facilities.
· Manages the clinical aspects of the Network in order to meet the clinical needs of the Network facilities.
· Serves as liaison between Networking, Mercy physicians and clinics as well as the rural affiliate physicians and facilities.
· Provides staff support in the development of Network programs and services to facilitate and achieve Network clinical goals and objectives.
· In conjunction with other Network staff, works directly with the Mercy Medical Center nursing and other clinical department staffs in order to offer innovative services to the Network clinical departments.
· Oversees patient quality initiatives/programming to be offered to Network affiliates.
· Regularly reviews, evaluates and analyzes data on clinical performance of Network affiliates and keeps the CEO, DON and Board informed of the findings and recommendations.
· Provides educational opportunities to network facilities’ managers including all clinically-focused Affinity Groups.
· Serves as a resource as needed for Long-Term Care Facilities and, in conjunction with other Network staff, coordinates meetings specific to the needs of the Network Long-term Care facilities.
· Maintains current knowledge of developments and trends in health care clinical areas.
· Oversees coordination of assigned professional meetings and special assigned functions for the Network.
· Attends selected board meetings, sharing responsibility with other professional staff members, to report on Network activities.
· Provide administrative leadership, along with other network professional staff, by potentially serving as Interim Administrator or DON at Network contract managed hospitals.
· Travels within the state of Iowa making routine site visits to the Network facilities.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS :
· Assists with establishment and maintenance of a strategic plan, business plan and marketing plan for the network as needed and requested.
· Disseminates information to rural physicians regarding Mercy Medical Staff listing.
· Works with Mercy Medical Center-Des Moines staff in compiling and trending data regarding patient origin and rural physician referrals to Mercy Medical Center. Reports data to Network staff, Affiliate CEOs and Mercy Administration as applicable.
· Attends specified affiliate Medical Staff Meetings as requested.
· Helps define Network markets to expand Network membership and assists in preparation of promotional material for the Network.
· May need to make occasional selected non-affiliate site visits.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
· Current Iowa licensure as a registered nurse required.
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree required or actively in pursuit of BSN degree or Master’s prepared in Health Administration.
· Minimum of 5 years clinical nursing experience with prior proven experience and expertise in management area, having had a leadership position in nursing for at least 3 years.
· General background and experience working with long-term care.
· Knowledgeable in theories of adult learning.
· Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
· Computer knowledge and experience required.
· Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
· Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
· Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence : Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity : Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion : Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence : Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
· Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
· Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
· Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
· Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Primary Location IOWA-WEST DES MOINES-MERCY WEST LAKES
Daily Schedule 8-5
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required None
Req ID: 2018-R0166510
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.