Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-Iowa RN in Waterloo, Iowa
Through evidence-based practice, the RN utilizes critical thinking to assess, plan, implement and evaluate outcome based care of patients. The RN supervises and coordinates care provided to patients by the LPN, Patient Care Assistants and other nursing team members. The RN facilitates communication with physicians, patient and family, other departments and/or team members. Adheres to Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare's performance expectations and performs all defined services and other related duties in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare.
No prior experience required. For Preceptor, Patient Education Representative: Minimum of 2 years nursing experience (and/or 2 years in specialty area as applicable), and recommendation by manager, peer, and a physician.
- High language, intermediate to high math, high critical thinking ability.
- Basic computer skills required. Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
Ability to work under pressure and with a large degree of independence and accountability. Ability to lead/direct others in a high stress situation/environment.
Current Iowa RN license, BLS, Mandatory Reporter.
- NRP (Nurs., L&D).
- ACLS-(ED, ICU, L&D, ASU, O/P Clinic; Mercy- M/S)
- TNCC-(ED; CMC-ICU; SMH-ICU preferred)
- PALS-(ED; Peds; ICU).
- In ICU must complete cardiac monitoring course and/or select units of Advance Nursing/Critical Care Course or comparable, and ACLS within 12 months in ICU.
- Rehab-FIM certified.
- Hazardous Materials Training- ED
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training (NVCI) within 6 months of hire.(ED; ICU, Mental Hlth, CD)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled