UnityPoint Health LPN Visit Nurse in Waterloo, Iowa
UnityPoint at Home
LPN Visit Nurse
M-F 8am-4:30pm with every 4th weekend & rotating holidays
Under the supervision of the RN Case Manager, the Home Care LPN provides direct patient care and performs technical skilled care to a diverse patient population in their place of residence. The LPN delivers patient care directed by the RN Case Manager in the home health plan of care that is consistent with clinical best practices and results in high quality, improved outcomes and an exceptional patient experience.
Patient Care/Care Coordination
· Makes visits to the homes of patients requiring home health nursing services completing a nursing patient assessment at each visit in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
· Ensures quality and safe delivery of services to patients according to care plan.
· Uses equipment and supplies safely, effectively, and efficiently.
· Provides patient, family, and/or caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and safety issues as directed by and included in the nursing plan of care.
· Implements interventions within the home health nursing plan of care developed by the RN Case Manager.
· Communicates with Registered Nurse and participates in care coordination to achieve high quality care.
· Maintains accurate and timely documentation of clinical records and time/travel entries.
· Identifies risk for acute hospitalization and proactively prevents adverse events.
Home Care Performance Criteria
· Delivers quality care and completes clear, concise and accurate clinical documentation of care provision in accordance with home health conditions of participation (CoPs), various payer home health coverage criteria, accreditation standards, professional standards for discipline/credential and the home health plan of care.
· Participates in clinical review of records to monitor quality and accuracy, appropriate utilization, appropriate involvement of interdisciplinary team members, appropriate referrals and coordination of care.
· Uses appropriate infection control procedures and safety measure to protect employees and patients.
· Participates in case conferences, in-service programs and other meetings required to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care.
· Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
· Participates in quality assurance/performance improvement (QAPI) activities, as assigned.
· Maintains professional knowledge for discipline/credential/license ensuring inclusion of content specific to home and community based care.
· Communicates professionally, effectively and timely to all team members and co-workers and responds to all communication in a timely manner including, but not limited to e-mails, phone communication and meeting follow-up responsibilities.
· Establishes and maintains positive interpersonal relationships with team members, patients and family members while maintain personal and professional boundaries.
· Effectively plans, organizes, sets priorities and completes works assignments with minimum direct supervision per agency policy and within established time frames.
· Maintains productivity standards as defined by home care supervisor.
· Performs other duties as assigned by home care clinical supervisor and/or administrator.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of administrative staff.
· Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
· Maintains compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
· Behaves in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
Preferred or Specialized
- Graduate of State Board approved program for Licensed Practical Nurses and valid license as Licensed Practical Nurse in state where providing care.
One year nursing experience caring for similar patient population as to be assigned.
Home care experience
2+ years nursing experience
Valid licensed driver with automobile insurance in accordance with state(s) and/or organizational requirements.
Mandatory Reporter: Child & Dependent Adult Abuse.
Person Centered Care (PCC) course completion within first 12 months of hire and annual completion of competency validation activities.
CPR: Maintain a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Card with Re-certification.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Ability to navigate and perform basic use of Microsoft Office products.
Maintains a reliable mode of transportation and has the ability to drive safely during all day and night hours and in all types of inclement weather.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-79324
Street: 3731 University Ave
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: SN Visits- HC- WL
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday through Friday days. rotating weekends/holidays
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org