UnityPoint Health LPN Visit Nurse - Pediatrics (As Needed) in Waterloo, Iowa
LPN Visit Nurse
UnityPoint at Home - Pediatrics Home Care
PRN, Hours will vary
Provide skilled nursing care to pediatric/young adult patients with special health care needs for shifts of time in the patient’s home. Perform prescribed activities directed under the patient’s physician’s care which may include; patient assessments, feedings, respiratory system management, medication administration, activities of daily living, and therapy programs. Assist in care coordination with care team. May be responsible for transportation of patient.
· Delivers quality patient care consistent with Home Health Conditions of Participation, qualifying home care criteria, payer coverage criteria, and providing visits/treatments consistent with the plan of care. Provides patient, family, and/or caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and safety issues.
· Communicates with Registered Nurse and participates in care coordination to achieve high quality care.
· Performs other duties as requested by the Clinical Manager/Clinical Supervisor to facilitate smooth and effective operations of the organization.
· Maintain accurate and timely documentation of clinical records and time entries.
· Train and orient new staff as assigned.
· Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephone messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings and Pediatric Learning Lab/skills fair as scheduled; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, to stay aware of UnityPoint at Home programs and initiatives.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduate of State Board approved program for Licensed Practical Nurses and valid license as Licensed Practical Nurse.
· CPR Certification.
· Strong computer skills.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures, including department work rules.
· Preferred experience working in clinical healthcare position.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Maintenance of an acceptable driving record (i.e., no “OWI” convictions in last 7 years or no more than 3 moving violations in last 3 years). An unacceptable driving record may result in suspension, termination or transfer to another position not requiring the ability to drive.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-82103
Street: 3731 University Ave
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: SN Hours- Ext- WL
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: PRN: Varies (Day, Night, Weekend)
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org