UnityPoint Health Home Hospice Aide in Waterloo, Iowa
Home Hospice Aide
UnityPoint at Home - Waterloo
FT, 1.0 (40 hours/week)
The Hospice Aide is a member of the Hospice interdisciplinary team who works under the direction of the RN case manager to provide personal care, homemaker services, and companionship to hospice patients. The Hospice Aide ensures that high standards of care are met at all times.
· Uses appropriate and safe techniques in performing personal hygiene and grooming tasks such as bed or tub bath, shower assistance, hair care, oral hygiene, toileting and incontinence care, light housekeeping, and other tasks assigned by the RN case manager
· Completes telephony care plan accurately and in a timely manner while being compliant with the hospice program policies and procedures
· Creates successful interpersonal relationships with patients/families while maintaining personal and professional boundaries
· Reports changes in the patient’s medical, nursing, and social needs to the RN case manager as the changes relate to the plan of care
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School diploma or GED
Completion of a Nursing Assistant Training Program of a minimum of 75 hours
Valid Iowa or Illinois certification.
2-5 years hospice experience in a nursing or hospice facility
Completion of a 120 hour Nursing Assistant course and holds current State of Iowa Certification.
Proficiency with computer applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Access), and a Smart Phone
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Age specific care and reporting of Dependent Adult and Child Abuse training with in one month of employment.
Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state(s) requirement
Valid, licensed driver, with automobile insurance in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements (not required for Hospice Aides hired to work in the IPU)
Person Centered Care (PCC) course completion within first 12 months of hire and annual completion of competency validation activities.
All staff are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education. You are required to complete:
12 hours of Aide Specific Training per year (3 per quarter)
Mandatory Report: Child & Dependent Adult Abuse
CPR: Maintain a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Card with Re-certification.
Accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities.
All staff must attend patient care staff meetings as well as all mandatory educational programs.
Back Training Safety.
Other training and communication sessions as scheduled.
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to work as a collaborative team member across service lines as position requires.
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2019-63281
Street: 3731 University Ave
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: SN Visits- Hosp- WL
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm and on call rotation for weekends and holidays
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org