UnityPoint Health UnityPoint At Home- Registered Nurse-Intake (Urbandale, IA) in Urbandale, Iowa
UnityPoint At Home
Registered Nurse Intake
Full Time Benefits
The Intake Registered Nurse (RN) functions as an in-office team member of UnityPoint at Home Intake Department receiving, accepting and processing new referrals. The Intake RN supports telephone assessments for patients referred to UnityPoint at Home who have unclear referral parameters and/or complex needs and collaborates with patients, families, referral sources, hospital liaisons and with the UnityPoint at Home location/branch leadership in supporting a personalized and positive patient experience during the intake/admission process. The primary clinical responsibilities include reviewing new referrals in the EMR, supporting initial coding activity and obtaining initial orders to facilitate the start of care in a timely and consistent manner. The Intake RN frequently interacts with referring hospitals, physicians, board and care facilities, skilled nursing facilities, patients, families and other internal customers. The Intake RN will utilize and promote the use of excellent customer service skills when working with referral sources, patients, families, and all others necessary to facilitate a smooth and timely admission to care for our patient population.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Specializes in all UnityPoint at Home service lines and available community resources.
· Reviews accepted referrals, supporting initial intake coding and assuring appropriate and supporting medical documents are a part of the medical record.
· Conducts telephone assessments for patients with active symptoms to help identify immediate needs and help identify appropriate referral and services.
· Supports actions in obtaining verbal or written/faxed order criteria for intake processing.
· Receives patient referrals in conjunction with Intake Coordinator team supporting basic data entry of patient demographics, insurance and chart creation.
· Serves as a representative and an office-based clinical liaison for the intake department and organization.
· Performs care coordination and additional follow-up with providers, patients, family members, referring facilities and other referral sources by telephone.
· Schedules face to face visits with patients and families in response to a referral for admission and/or hospice informational requests.
· Coordinates all referrals, supporting calls to patients/care givers, to ensure a smooth and timely start of care in a shared and coordinated effort with the scheduling team and/or branch/location leadership team.
· Effectively operates computer system to record, document and retrieve appropriate information.
· Ensures appropriate utilization of electronic health record and documentation in multiple systems
· Ensures accurate demographics, payor sources, primary care provider and all necessary documentation is included in patient record to facilitate the admissions process.
· Secures, confirms and accurately documents provider orders in a timely manner.
· Assigns diagnosis codes to admissions and/or validates diagnosis codes identified by clerical staff
· Identifies objections, concerns or other admission barriers and provides information and/or assistance to address those issues.
· Communicates effectively using excellent customer service skills
· Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with both internal and external customers including patients, families, referral sources and other internal and external customers.
· Attends department meetings and serves on committees and project teams as requested
· Participates in the development of policies and procedures and actively assists in problem solving with and between departments to ensure the intake function is collaborative and effective
· Must be flexible with schedule including, but not limited to, the ability to participate in on-call and/or department rotation for evening and weekend coverage
· Other duties as assigned.
Development & Patient Education
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance nursing practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of State Board approved program for Registered Nurses and Current license to practice nursing according to the state where service is provided
At least one year of home care experience.
Prefer 2-3 years clinical home care experience.
Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Iowa, Illinois or practicing state.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from date of hire.
Integrated Care Management (ICM) certification or successful completion of certification within one year of employment
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
· Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Knowledge of current hospice and homecare admission criteria.
· Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, state and federal regulations.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle, rental or own vehicle.
Requisition ID: 2019-69450
Street: 11333 Aurora Ave
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: Home Care Coordination
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8a-5p Rotating Weekends and Holidays
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org