UnityPoint Health Pharmacy Technician in Urbandale, Iowa
UnityPoint At Home
Monday-Friday 8a-5p, some weekend on call
Full Time Benefits
Responsible for all new referrals for the Specialty Pharmacy and Infusion Services. Knows and understands insurance contracts, obtaining prior auths and benefits. Re-verifies eligibility and benefits as changes occur. Enters all information into the EMR.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Daily work assignments
· Responsible for looking at the individual needs of each patient/customer and matching those needs to the many services UnityPoint at Home has to offer; utilizing other members of the home care coordination team as necessary to coordinate services outside of the specialized service line.
· Processes all incoming work orders, interviewing client/referral source to secure demographic and financial and qualifying data, and securing verification and authorization of benefits as appropriate.
· Specializes in infusion and specialty pharmacy service line, yet is responsible for having a basic knowledge of all service lines.
· Directs inquiries and referrals to the appropriate individual and/or service line. Coordinates incoming calls from both referral sources and patient/customers.
· Initiates and coordinates prior authorization requests to third party payers and maintains a working knowledge of third party payer guidelines. Follows up with third party payers as necessary.
· Collects insurance information, runs test claims, obtains medical records as required for completion of prior authorizations.
· Re-verifies eligibility and benefits when patient starts a new benefit year.
· Responsible for accurate and responsive intake and scheduling of patient referrals and medications via inbound and outbound calls.
· Provides customer service to patients and physicians offices and coordinates the delivery of medications for patients who have an open referral.
· Operates computer system to record/document and retrieve information to ensure appropriate agency services are provided in a timely manner.
· Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential customers and referral sources.
· Builds and monitors community and customer/referral source expectations and perceptions of UPAH as a high quality provider of services; maintaining excellent customer service.
· Maintains a working knowledge of relevant regulations affecting patients and the operation of our business.
· Performs patient follow up phone calls as directed by manager.
· On-call duties may be required on a rotation basis, weekend and holiday
· Prohibited from conducting evaluations or interpreting any clinical decision. Refers clinical questions to appropriate staff.
Other job duties
· Performs other duties specific to some service lines.
· Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Behaves in a manner consistent with company mission, vision and value statements.
· Maintains compliance with OSHA, accreditation standards and risk management guidelines.
· Maintains compliance with personnel policies and procedures.
· Behaves in a manner consistent with all corporate compliance policies and procedures.
· Performs other duties as requested by the Specialty Pharmacy Manager to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the organization.
· Meets measures as determined and required for job productivity and performance improvement.
· Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephone messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings as scheduled or viewing videotapes of those meetings; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, to stay aware of UnityPoint at Home programs and initiatives.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school diploma or equivalent
One year medical experience; preferably in community home health or pharmacy
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-91224
Street: 11333 Aurora Ave
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: Intake- Specialty Pharmacy
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, Some weekend on call
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org