CVS Health Pharmacy Technician- Cycle Fill LTC FT- 1344203BR in Urbandale, Iowa
Cycle Fill Technician assists the pharmacist with preparation of routine medications for distribution to long term care facilities based on physician orders and prescriptions Key Responsibilities: • Fill daily drug orders accurately and efficiently in a timely manner
• Review facility pre-list and prepare 30/31 day cards with the appropriate drug.
• Works under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist; assisting with dispensing medication according to the prescription
• Assist the purchasing coordinator with restocking and cleaning shelves with medication and other items as needed.
• May assist with regular inventory cycle.
• Assist in bagging and boxing drugs according to the facility and work with the delivery team to ensure boxes or bags are taken to the warehouse in a timely manner.
• Stage and generate manifest for cycle exchange.
• Perform scheduled cycle exchange.
• Communicate with nursing staff to obtain/provide key information.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location. May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
Minimum (Required): • High School diploma or equivalent
• Licensed/registered pharmacy technician or as required by state law
• Must understand basic pharmacology; abbreviations, brand and generic comparisons in order to interpret prescriptions for filling.
• Basic math and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and be flexible
• Ability to perform task accurately and efficiently
• Exchange Technician
o Current, valid driver’s license with excellent driving record
o Ability to drive for long periods of time
o Possess geographical knowledge of service area, and ability to read a map
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Good customer service skills
· Previous pharmacy technician experience
High Schoold Diploma or equivalent
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
- CVS Health Jobs