UnityPoint Health Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse-Des Moines/Central Iowa in Urbandale, Iowa
UnityPoint At Home
Pediatric Homecare Lisenced Practical Nurse
Monday-Friday 8a-5p rotating weekends
Full Time Benefits
Des Moines/Central Iowa
Provide skilled nursing care to pediatric/young adult patients with special health care needs for shifts of time in the patient’s home. Perform prescribed activities directed under the patient’s physician’s care which may include; patient assessments, feedings, respiratory system management, medication administration, activities of daily living, and therapy programs. Assist in care coordination with care team. May be responsible for transportation of patient.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Delivers quality patient care consistent with Home Health Conditions of Participation, qualifying home care criteria, payer coverage criteria, and providing visits/treatments consistent with the plan of care. Provides patient, family, and/or caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and safety issues.
· Communicates with Registered Nurse and participates in care coordination to achieve high quality care.
· Performs other duties as requested by the Clinical Manager/Clinical Supervisor to facilitate smooth and effective operations of the organization.
· Maintain accurate and timely documentation of clinical records and time entries.
· Train and orient new staff as assigned.
· Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephone messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings and Pediatric Learning Lab/skills fair as scheduled; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, to stay aware of UnityPoint at Home programs and initiatives.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduate of State Board approved program for Licensed Practical Nurses and valid license as Licensed Practical Nurse.
· CPR Certification.
· Strong computer skills.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures, including department work rules.
· Preferred experience working in clinical healthcare position.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Maintenance of an acceptable driving record (i.e., no “OWI” convictions in last 7 years or no more than 3 moving violations in last 3 years). An unacceptable driving record may result in suspension, termination or transfer to another position not requiring the ability to drive.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-78214
Street: 11333 Aurora Ave
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: SN Hours- Ext- DM
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8a-5p, with rotating weekends
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org