UnityPoint Health Speech Pathologist-Rehab-Pediatrics in Sioux City, Iowa
The staff Speech Therapist functions as an integral part of the rehabilitation team and has a responsibility for evaluating and treating patients requiring services associated with speech therapy. This position is primarily working in our Pediatrics department so a candidate must be comfortable with this setting. The Speech Therapist is expected to communicate with the physicians regarding the patient’s treatment plan and progress, and deliver services consistent with policies and procedures governing the delivery of patient care by the Rehabilitation Department, state licensure and code of ethics standards.
Perform examination and evaluation in Pediatrics to determine diagnosis and prognosis of patient/client and determine appropriate intervention to gain expected outcomes based on patient/client goals.
Utilization of appropriate Speech Therapy interventions to produce expected outcomes.
Utilization of appropriate documentation and billing to communicate progress and status to physicians, other healthcare professionals and third party reimbursement.
Maintains professional code of ethics and state licensure laws.
Keep work area and equipment clean and orderly by maintaining and practicing hospital and department policies and procedures regarding safety and infection control.
Performs as a member of the Rehabilitation team through joint interventions, communication, quality assurance programs and meetings.
· Master’s degree from accredited curriculum in Speech Therapy
Minimum Work Experience
· Licensed by the state of Iowa
· CPR Certified
· Preferred Certification/Registration: Membership in Professional Associations is desirable
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· Must have basic computer skills
· Must be able to meet the competency of area assigned to and also be able to successfully complete orientation
· Must be able to meet reliable attendance guidelines
· Must legally perform the essential functions of the job
· Able to demonstrate the necessary skills and competencies to include modalities and Speech Therapy competencies
· Must be able to perform the essentials functions of the job, including ability to communicate effectively
· Able to read, write, comprehend and speak English
· Be able to perform modalities as needed, evaluations and ST interventions.
Requisition ID: 2018-46103
Street: 2720 Stone Park Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: Rehab-O/P Hospital- SLRMC
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: M-F 8-4:30
External Company Name: UnityPoint Health
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org