UnityPoint Health Respiratory Therapist-Registered in Sioux City, Iowa
UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's
Provides respiratory care procedures throughout all areas as ordered by the physician. Responds to Code Blue, Rapid Response, trauma alerts and other appropriate requests for quick action. Initiates and maintains ventilators and noninvasive equipment. Interacts with other teams in the hospital to improve the quality of care provided to patients.
Key Accountability: Clinical Responsibilities - 65% annually
· Manages the safe and effective administration of medically prescribed medications, knowing their indications and contraindications along with CPT therapies.
· Performs all aspects of artificial airway care. Responsible for the set-up, safety check, monitoring and troubleshooting of mechanical ventilators and non-invasive devices.
· Perform diagnostic tests with physician interpretations to follow
· Draw ABGs
Key Accountability: Team Involvement - 15% annually
· Participate as a team member in code situations, rapid responses, NICU transports and various patient/infection/quality committees to promote effective working relations and patient safety
· Preceptor for respiratory students.
Key Accountability: Documentation - 10% annually
· Maintain accurate records, documenting clinical notes in patients EMR.
· Educate patients on meds, spacers, their illness and therapeutic devices.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria - 10% annually
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist as recognized by the National Board for Respiratory Care. Bachelors/Associate Degree
BCLS certification upon hire
ACLS and NRP are required within 6 months
Current licensure in good standing to practice as an RCP in Iowa
Current NBRC certificate
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks English
Basic computer knowledge in order to chart in the EMR
Critical thinking skills needed to address situations quickly
Able to communicate and work well with a team of various professionals
Willing to train into various aspects of respiratory such as Pulmonary Rehab and Pulmonary Functions
Requisition ID: 2020-76554
Street: 2720 Stone Park Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: Respiratory Care- SLRMC
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 7pm to 7 am
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org