UnityPoint Health Receptionist/Scheduler-CVA in Sioux City, Iowa
11a - 5p
Primary responsibility of this position is to check patients in and out for their appointment and to enter and update demographics for office and outreach patients. Schedule short-term appointments as needed.
· Verify that all new patients have completed a registration form and check follow-up patients to be sure that all information we have is correct.
· Provide patient and assist with health questionnaire if needed.
· Scan into Epic patient insurance card(s) and photo ID card.
· Obtain HIPAA as needed with e-sign in Epic and have complete contact form and scan-in.
· When drugs reps come in, take their card, tell them to have a seat and give card to a nurse.
· Enter patient demographics into the computer for new patients and update follow-up patient information.
· Enter recall per yellow sheets and complete scheduling on short-term appointments.
· Schedule patients upon discharge when they qualify for the short-term dates.
• Maintain Epic cash drawer for patient payments for co-pays and balance due payments.
• Close the Epic cash drawer to have ready for the next day’s deposit.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
High School diploma or GED
+1 year business office experience preferably in the medical field
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Excellent customer service and communication skills. Organized with attention to details. Answering telephones, typing and scheduling.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-94772
Street: 2720 Stone Park Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: Cardiology-Sbrook- MCR PBB
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .75
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 11 am - 5 pm
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org