UnityPoint Health Program Chair - BHS/Gen Ed in Sioux City, Iowa
Primary responsibilities include teaching within the health sciences or general education disciplines. Additional responsibilities for the maintenance of budget development and monitoring, learning outcomes, and the recruitment supervision of adjunct faculty for instruction within the health science degree and general education.
• Deliver instruction in the classroom and clinical setting
• Update course materials on an ongoing basis
• Monitor student performance and provides assistance when needed
• Advise students
• Monitoring of expenses
• Attendance at department and college meeting.
• Development of program budget
• Recruit, monitor, and retain qualified adjunct faculty
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
• Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
• Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
• Practices and reflects knowledge of FERPA, DOE, HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding education and healthcare.
• Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
• Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Graduate degree (or 18 graduate credit hours) in a health sciences, business, or general education discipline.
Master’s Degree in discipline or related area
Three years experience.
Experience supervising faculty.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Ability to supervise staff and students
Ability to estimate expenses and monitor them.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-75454
Street: 2800 Pierce St
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: College- Administration
FLSA Status: Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org