Trinity Health ER Tech - Triage in Sioux City, Iowa
This role assists in carrying out the phases of the nursing process as appropriately delegated by the Registered Nurse. Performs activities and functions of patient care which are task oriented and within the skill level and scope of the Emergency Room Technician.
- Utilizing the plan of care as developed by the Registered Nurse, assists the Registered Nurse in providing patient care from a holistic approach, specific to the age of the patient population identified within the department/unit scope of service, and in accordance with the department/unit standards.
- Demonstrates ability to anticipate/identify physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of the patient and appropriately reports to the Registered Nurse.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with Registered Nurses, multi-disciplinary team members, patients, families and significant others to facilitate the care of the patient including teaching needs and discharge planning.
- Prioritizes and implements appropriate interventions and treatments as directed by the Registered Nurse, utilizing the formulated plan of care.
- Documents and communicates patient’s response to interventions/treatments provided.
- Identifies and communicates significant changes in patient’s status (potential or actual adverse patient occurrences) to the Registered Nurse.
- Reports and records aspects of data collection/tasks performed into the patient record accurately, concisely and within established policy.
- Ensures that documentation accurately reflects supplies, equipment, and services provided.
- Performs aseptic and sterile treatments/procedures per Registered Nurse direction and physician order, and in compliance with Mercy Medical Center policy and procedure.
- Current EMT maintaining a current Iowa license, or must have successfully completed a 75 hour credit (or more) Nursing Assistant Program (Certified Nurse Assistant) from an accredited school, or current EMT-P, maintaining a current Iowa.A minimum of 1-2 years prior patient care experience preferred. Basic Life Support Certification (BCLS) required.
- Is able to communicate effectively with all members of the health care team.
- Is able to perform a variety of duties characterized by frequent change
Job Number: 00180721
Location: Sioux City, IA
Organization Name: MercyOne - Sioux City
Facility: MMCIA - MMC South Building
Employment Type: Part time