UnityPoint Health Director Laboratory in Sioux City, Iowa
Director is responsible for the effective operation and oversight of the Laboratory Services. As a member of the UPH-STL operations team, the Director will lead the assigned service line and the team’s commitment to quality, service, growth, safety and fiscal accountability. With the guidance of the senior administrative team and the strategic plan, the Director assumes responsibility for the creation, development and implementation of new programs; identifying opportunities of growth; guides the development of a patient centered service, and helps set the standards in quality, talent management, service and fiscal accountability. He/she will be a liaison for the service line amongst all health care providers, partners and students affiliated with the system. Director promotes an environment, which encourages staff to develop new skills to advance the service line as well as themselves, and provides an environment that promotes trust and decision-making at the staff level.
· Practice reflects knowledge of HIPAA, OSHA, CAP, FDA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
· Works closely and supports service line leadership in the areas of: responsibility, innovation, engagement, goal setting, monitoring progress and performance, providing feedback and overall leadership development.
· Establishes efficient, ongoing monitoring systems including capital, operating expenses, staffing, equipment, tests, procedures policies, information systems; training and development programs ensuring compliance with regulatory/accreditation, adhering to LEAN principles, and meeting quality, safety, and fiscal requirements.
· Responsible for administrative functions of the service line such as: development of budgets and effective use of financial resources, marketing the service line, strategic planning, development of partnerships and relationships to advance the goals of UPH-DM and the service line.
· Employs system thinking in decision making, directs resolution of complex problems and provides consultation and advice.
· Serves as the administrative leader and liaison with all service line physicians, physician partners and activities; assists with the contract preparation, negotiation and execution of pathologist agreements where applicable; serves as the administrative representative to Medical Staff departments, sections, and committees.
· Implements and aids in the design of section organization between campuses in the UnityPoint System, interfacing with pathologists as is necessary and appropriate. Clearly communicates to direct reports, changes, directions, and updates.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Master’s degree in related field preferred. Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science, medical technology or chemical, physical, or biological science.
Requisition ID: 2021-88797
Street: 2720 Stone Park Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: Lab Administration- SLRMC
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: varied
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org
Work Remotely within the US: No