UnityPoint Health Cardiac Sonographer-CVA in Sioux City, Iowa
UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's
Cardiovascular Associates CVA
Sioux City, IA
If you're looking for an accredited and collegiate type of environment where you are empowered to work alongside physicians, UnityPoint Health has a spot for you! This is a very close-knit style environment with fantastic work/life balance and very little call. This position will allow you to branch out between outpatient, clinic, and hospital settings so if you like to be on-the-move this is a great opportunity.
Perform ultrasound studies which include explaining procedures, inputting demographics, patient hook-up, obtaining M-Mode, Doppler, color flow images as ordered, perform calculations and organize data for physicians.
Performing vascular ultrasound imaging.
% of Time
· Performs non-invasive cardiac and PV studies which includes explaining procedure, , inputting demographics, patient hook-up for echo, perform calculations, load study on PACS, and organize data for physicians.
· Assure that patients have been weighed, vital signs taken, medications listed and assessment sheet are completed on patients prior to physician seeing them.
· Perform cardiac stress testing per protocol which includes explaining procedure, completing permits, prepping and ECG hook-up, treadmill demonstration, operating treadmill during procedure, monitoring blood pressure and pulse, observing and assessing patient post exercise, completing treadmill forms and documentation. Templating in Apollo reporting system.
· Perform duplex studies and calculations with reporting in Apollo.
· Perform contrast as ordered.
· Attends all required accreditation meetings.
· Restock and order supplies utilized in clinical area.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
- Minimum Requirements
Preferred or Specialized
Graduate of approved school in Echocardiography or Vascular Ultrasound or current Registry in cardiac or vascular ultrasound.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Certification/Registration: American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, Registered in Echocardiography or Peripheral Vascular Technology
Appropriate/effective use of Audix/email communication. Use of PhilipsIE, CX-50 and Viasys Vasoguard Systems. Use of PAC’s systems and EPIC
Requisition ID: 2017-35658
Street: 5885 Sunnybrook Dr
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: Cardiology- Sunnybrook
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 40
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org