UnityPoint Health Adjunct Instructor Health Sciences (PRN) in Sioux City, Iowa
The adjunct instructor teaches within a discipline specific to their educational background and competence. The adjunct instructor develops course materials, instructional techniques, and learning experiences for students. The adjunct instructor is expected to plan, organize, and teach in a manner consistent with the College’s mission and values. The adjunct instructor promotes and directs successful learning in an environment that encourages student involvement and success.
· Teach assigned courses using online distance education, face-to-face, or hybrid delivery methods as determined by the Academic Dean.
· Select course materials, instructional aids, and design learning experiences.
· Facilitate student success
· Develop course materials with pedagogical elements consistent with mode of delivery.
· Create, distributes, and reviews the course syllabus that clearly outline important college policies and guidelines, course objectives, learning outcomes and course requirements.
· Use a variety of instructional strategies to engage students.
· Select textbooks and other resources for the assigned course in collaboration with the College library.
· Provide regular and timely feedback to students about due dates and grading.
· Document students’ academic progress by providing and grading assignments, projects, and examinations that lead to a final course grade.
· Maintain record of student attendance and involvement reporting issues to the Academic Dean within 24 hours.
· Communicate effectively with students and college faculty/staff/leadership
· Facilitate course evaluations by announcing and explaining the evaluation process.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position (if applicable).
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of FERPA and HLC and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding higher education.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Education as defined by Faculty Policy 21.
When applicable, experience as defined by Faculty Policy 21.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Instructional, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Computer skills in Word, PowerPoint, and use of learning management systems.
Requisition ID: 2020-83846
Street: 2800 Pierce St
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: College- BHS
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: PRN
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org