Ruthven Community Care Center Universal Worker in Ruthven, Iowa
This position is in The Ruthven Community Care Center Assisted Living. This would be Full-Time and include every other weekend and every other holiday.
The Universal Worker assists residents with those activities of daily living that they are unable to perform without help, fostering at all times resident’s independence and freedom of choices. Responsible for delivery of quality service. Reports residents’ needs and concerns to a licensed nurse.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of duties to support the residents with activities of daily living within non-certified or license needs. May include pushing residents in wheelchairs, providing 1:1’s for residents within plan of care, responding promptly to call lights, distributing ice/water, linens, meals/snacks or supplies.
- Supports facility departments such as Environmental Services, Activities and Dining Services by performing light cleaning responsibilities, passing meals, clearing tables, and assisting in activity programs as needed.
- Assists feeding residents upon completion of required Nutritional Feeder training program.
- Travels to appointments with residents not requiring certified or licensed transport.
- Observes and reports changes in residents’ physical condition and behavior to licensed nurse.
- Establishes good rapport and communicates effectively with residents and family members.
- Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in conjunction with our Core Values.
- Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as assigned and is proactive to change.
- Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalency (preferred). License/Certifications:
CPR Certification (required). Additional Responsibilities:
Continuing Educational Requirement
- Required to complete annual 12-hour in-service training programs (as well as supplemental online education). Failure to complete the 12-hour in-service training program, or any other requirement under internal policies, local, state, or federal law may result in termination