Blue Stone Therapy Solutions Team Lead Rehab Therapy - Full-Time in Pomeroy, Iowa
Blue Stone Therapy is excited to partner with Accura HealthCare across the state of Iowa! Apply today and join our dynamic team of specialists who bring our purpose of “Building Strength to Enhance Lives” to life.
The Team Lead is responsible for the efficient of rehabilitation services in his/her assigned facility. The Team Lead of Rehab Therapy supports the delivery of the highest standard and quality of rehabilitation services. This position also provides direct patient care
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supervises rehabilitation personnel providing therapies.
- In collaboration with Regional Director, assumes responsibility for conducting or coordinating timely completion of annual performance appraisals for therapy staff.
- Provides direct patient care for assigned facility.
- Assumes responsibility for daily staffing and utilization, including scheduling.
- Collaborates with Regional Director to oversee financial controls of revenue and expenses.
- Assumes responsibility for facility reports on a weekly and as needed basis.
- Assists in the recruitment and retention of rehabilitation employees, along with Regional Director and Recruiter.
- Participates in interview process and orientation for rehabilitation staff.
- Supports the delivery of the highest level of clinical care) through appropriate utilization of resources, the promotion of clinical programs and staff development.
- Ensures the clinical management of the rehabilitation department, including oversight related to case management, care planning, appropriate delivery of therapy utilization and patient identification.
- Ensures compliance with company and facility policies, procedures and practices within assigned account areas and reports variances.
- Participates in patient, family and assigned facility meetings as appropriate.
- Communicates timely and professionally with rehabilitation and facility staff, patients, families, healthcare providers and other customers.
- Coordinates and/or participates in training programs for facility staff, patients, families and rehabilitation staff.
- Promotes new program development with focus on functional outcomes to improve the quality of life of the patients served.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Refers residents to appropriate discipline (OT, PT, ST, nursing, etc.) as necessary, to ensure the most appropriate care is provided to the patients.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of an accredited program for Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, Physical Therapist Assistant or Occupation Therapy Assistant
- Valid license or eligible for licensure to practice Occupational Therapy in Iowa.
- 1 (one) year of clinical therapy experience (Experience in skilled therapy setting and management preferred)
- Intermediate skill level in computer software to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Casamba preferred