AIM Aerospace, Inc. Engineering Manager in Orange City, Iowa

General Position Summary:

The position will be part of departmental engineering management team that will drive all technical aspects of the organization. This technical position is responsible for managing the in-plant engineering resources in support of manufacturing process implementation, improvement, and stabilization. The primary areas of oversight will include in-plant manufacturing engineering, facilities/equipment maintenance and tooling support and maintenance. In addition to direct technical support of the manufacturing operation/products this position serves as a coordination point for the new product, processes and tooling transfers and ramp-ups inside the production operations.

Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:

  • Manage and lead a team of 5+ engineers and technicians in support of the composite manufacturing operations.

  • Ability to influence working culture on the shop floor with the production team, implementing best practice processes.

  • Working closely with design engineers, M&P engineers, logistics, quality and operations to start up new product production processes and systems and supporting ongoing production engineering support demands.

  • Driving the development of production procedures/processes, and managing the transition of parts and assemblies from 1 off rate to batch rate production.

  • To drive process stabilization and improvement through the process engineering team with innovative process solutions

  • Resolving manufacturing discrepancies and determining true root cause through to solution implementation

  • Process metric development to demonstrate process stability and process improvement

  • Positively impacting and improving every aspect of life at AIM Aerospace through motivational leadership to drive the business forwards

  • Leading process improvement initiatives and training

Specific Job Skills:

  • Process development, PFMEA, Error-Proofing, Value Stream Mapping, Statistical Process Control

  • Experience and capability to rapidly introduce lean manufacturing practices, from 5S foundation to batch size 1 process design

  • Experience with Design for Manufacture and Assembly.

  • Experience with Catia and Solidworks CAD, PDM systems, PLEX (similar to SAP) is desired.

  • Knowledge of metallic or composite manufacturing techniques, processes, equipment, and other processes such as: machining, welding, sheet metal forming, tube bending and stamping.

Education and/or Experience:

  • B.S. Degree in Aerospace, Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or similar discipline.

  • Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with a track record of strong achievements.

  • Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role, leading engineers and a good understanding of different techniques and when to apply them

  • Experience with taking products from launch into production.

Supervisory Responsibility: Manage and lead a team of 10+ engineers and technicians in support of the composite manufacturing operations.

Job Conditions: 75%+ of the shift on the floor working with product and equipment while the remaining 25% or less in a desk environment

AIM Aerospace, Inc. is a Drug Free workplace.

Pre-employment drug screen required.

Applicants must meet ITAR Requirements

Equal Opportunity Employer

This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.

Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English– Spanish – Chinese If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English