Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-Iowa Clinical Dietician in Oelwein, Iowa
The Clinical Dietitian works closely with the interdisciplinary health care team to provide nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy that are integrated and compatible with the patient's medical program goals and objectives. The individual's primary responsibilities include developing and implementing care and medical nutrition therapy using established standards of care and practice protocols/guidelines; managing resources in a cost effective manner, participating in performance improvement efforts; and maintaining professional competency and skills required for professional practice. Adheres to Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare's performance expectations and performs all defined services and other related duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare.
Bachelor's degree in Dietetics or related field. No prior experience required.
Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association within 6 months of hire and licensed by Iowa State Department of Health, Mandatory Reporter.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge and application of nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to patients, public, medical staff and physicians.
- Ability to function independently on assigned patient care units.
- Ability to counsel and educate others.
- General knowledge of nutrient analysis, workd processing and spreadsheet software.
- Behavior consistent with organization Standards of Behavior
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled