Blue Stone Therapy Solutions Facility Rehab Director - Full-Time in Newton, Iowa
Blue Stone Therapy is excited to partner with Accura HealthCare across the state of Iowa! Apply today and join our dynamic team of specialists who bring our purpose of “Building Strength to Enhance Lives” to life.:
Blue Stone Therapy Solutions is the leading specialist in skilled nursing facility therapy services. We are an innovative, high performing, values driven organization poised for rapid growth.:
Our team is passionate about transforming healthcare facilities through therapy by focusing on patient-centered care. Want to be a part of the future of healthcare - Blue Stone Therapy is where it's at!:
The Facility Rehab Director is responsible for the efficient and profitable management of rehabilitation services in his/her assigned facility. The Facility Rehab Director supports the delivery of the highest standard and quality of rehabilitation services. This position also provides direct patient care.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Supervises Rehabilitation personnel providing therapies within account(s).
- Assumes responsibility for conducting or coordinating timely completion of annual performance appraisals for therapy staff.
- Assumes responsibility for daily staffing and utilization, including scheduling.
- Administers financial controls of revenue and expenses.
- Assumes responsibility for facility reports on a weekly and as needed basis.
- Assists in the recruitment and retention of Rehabilitation employees in assigned accounts, along with Regional Director and Recruiter.
- Participates in interview process and orientation for Rehabilitation staff.
- Supports the delivery of the highest level of clinical care within assigned account(s) through appropriate utilization of resources, the promotion of clinical programs and staff development.
- Ensures the clinical management of the rehabilitation department, including oversight related to case management, care planning, appropriate delivery of therapy utilization and patient identification.
- Ensures compliance with company and facility policies, procedures and practices within assigned account areas and reports variances.
- Works closely with Regional Director for identifying potential new business targets and for marketing the services of Blue Stone Therapy Solutions within assigned account areas.
- Participates in patient, family and assigned facility meetings as appropriate.
- Communicates timely and professionally with rehabilitation and facility staff, patients, families, healthcare providers and other customers.
- Coordinates and/or participates in training programs for facility staff, patients, families and rehabilitation staff.
- Promotes new program development with focus on functional outcomes to improve the quality of life of the patients served.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Refers residents to appropriate discipline (OT, PT, ST, nursing, etc.) as necessary, to ensure the most appropriate care is provided to the patients.
- Participates in marketing and community presentations and projects to promote the success of the company and assigned facility.
Provides direct patient care for assigned facility. Position Qualifications:
Successful completion of an accredited program for Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, Physical Therapist Assistant or Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Current, valid license (or eligible for licensure) to practice therapy in Iowa
- 1 (one) year of clinical therapy experience (Experience in skilled therapy setting and management preferred)
- Intermediate skill level in computer software to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (Experience with Casamba preferred)