Hy-Vee Food Stores Pharmacy DME Specialist - Full Time in Muscatine, Iowa
Job Title: Pharmacy DME Specialist FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Pharmacy Revision Date: 01/2015
Responsible for patient education, cleanliness, and knowledge of Pharmacy Durable Medical Equipment. Maintains records, paperwork, and billing procedures.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers, Pharmacy Manager, Pharmacy Supervisor, Staff Pharmacist
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store
Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
Assists customers by:
· escorting them to the products they're looking for
· securing products that are out of reach
· loading or unloading heavy items
· making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
· performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience
Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
Receives incoming orders for DME merchandise and documents all patient and insurance information accordingly.
Initiates and maintains all Certificates of Medical Necessity paperwork.
Maintains patient files and double checks all paperwork is filled correctly and in a timely manner.
Keeps current on knowledge of DME products, use and care. This includes:
Use and care of products;
Fitting problems and responsibilities;
Patients' rights and responsibilities;
Company's service and availability;
Patient instruction and follow-up;
All patient orientation paperwork;
Infection control and cleaning schedules;
Patient plan-of-care and follow-up
Trains other pharmacy employees on proper procedures concerning DME products.
Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Partners with other departments or staff (i.e. dietitian) to promote wellness and the pharmacy.
Assists in other areas of the store as needed.
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma; Six months of similar or related work experience.
· Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
· Must be physically able to perform heavy work: occasionally lifting or carrying objects of no more than 50 pounds, and occasionally standing or walking.
· Must be able to perform the following physical activities: stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
· Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote the values of the company.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact with people in a friendly, professional manner.
· Must have the ability to do logical or scientific thinking to solve problems, several abstract and concrete variables and interpret instructions.
· Must possess the ability to compose original correspondence; follow technical manuals; evaluate technical data, and advise people. Possess the ability to interview to obtain basic information; guide people to provide basic direction and have increased contact with people.
· Ability to identify problems, develop and execute solutions
· Ability to interact with basic computer systems, including word processing, spreadsheet and email applications, as well as job-specific programs
This position frequently involves a fast work pace in a retail store setting. Must be able to handle multiple tasks daily. There is constant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
PC with pharmacy software and printer, cash register, Telexon ordering unit, pharmacy balance, scanner, calculator, telephone, fax, and copier.
Has daily contact with customers, general public, and suppliers/vendors, and pharmacy operations support staff. Has occasional contact with community or trade/professional organizations and federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies.
Maintains the confidentiality of the customer's private medical information according to the HIPAA act.