UnityPoint Health Patient Service Representative/Interpreter in Muscatine, Iowa
Performs a variety of clerical work independently. Requires use of computers and other common office machines. Requires bi-lingual ability to interpret for Public Health patients in the office and out in the community as needed.
Data entry for specific to grants, pull patient charts as needed (24 hours before WIC clinics and immunizations), make new charts as needed, scheduling and rescheduling patients, responding to account questions from patients.
Greet patients, register them, ensure all forms and other paperwork are filled out, translate as needed and understanding of medical terminology in English and Spanish, answer phones and direct calls appropriately.
Calculate income for proper patient billing, other duties as assigned.
Preferred or Specialized
High school diploma
Secondary education preferred,
Phone, typing skills, filing and medical terminology.
Experience in secretarial or clerical work. Medical Assistant experience is preferred.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
· Ability to read, write and translate effectively from English to Spanish. (Additional/Other languages would be valuable as well.)
· Answer telephone calls (Spanish and English). Basic data entry (example: immunizations).
· Interpreter for Spanish-speaking clients. Ability to learn basic office equipment (copier & fax).
· Ability to work as a team player or independently.
· Able to organize and professionally manage demanding workload.
· Critical thinking skills.
· Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
· Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments/organizations.
· Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2018-54014
Street: 1609 Cedar St
Name: 6110 UnityPoint Health Muscatine Trinity
Name: Community Med Administrat
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8-5 Monday-Friday
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org