UnityPoint Health Certified Nursing Assistant in Muscatine, Iowa
Description of Position:
Provide a “snapshot” or the principal purpose or focus of the position, consisting of no more than three to five sentences. This summary should provide enough information to differentiate the major function and activities of the position from those of other positions.
A member of the nursing team, provides and assists patients with activities of daily living under the direct supervision of a RN or LPN Provides excellent customer service to customers in contact with.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Anticipates and answers patient call lights and makes round on all assigned patients.
· Furnishes bathes, dresses and provides personal cares to patients.
· Orients patients to room on admission.
· Communicates appropriately and clearly to charge nurse, department director, shift directors , co-workers an providers.
· Demonstrates ability to be flexible, organized and functions under stressful situations.
· Reports any unusual patient condition changes or behavioral incidents.
· Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
· Supports department staff, director, organization, and medical staff by carrying out activities as assigned.
· Communicates appropriately and clearly to the charge nurse, department directors, shift directors, co-workers and providers.
· Exercises independent judgement and discretion in performing tasks and to work independently within their scope of practice.
· Participates/serves on multidisciplinary hospital committees and attends meetings as assigned by the Department Director.
· Able to organize and professionally manage patient care workload
· Exhibits skills in information management such as log books, reports and computer use.
· Participates in Lean activities as assigned.
· Uses Trinity Management Business System to assist staff and patients, call out opportunities and problem solve
· Accountable for a positive working relationship and the ability to work well with staff, physicians, as well as patients, visitors and outside clients.
· External Customer Service skills – interacts professionally with patient/family.
· Internal Customer Service skills – Maintains an effective working relationship both with UnityPoint Health staff and vendors.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High School graduate
· Certified Nursing Assistant certification
· Certified Nursing Assistant certification
· Read, Write, Comprehend, and Speak fluent English.
Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2018-54123
Street: 1518 Mulberry Ave
Name: 6110 UnityPoint Health Muscatine Trinity
Posting Minimum: USD $10.61/Hr.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 11:00pm-7:00am
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org