Wells Dairy Inc. Senior Plant Engineer in Le Mars, Iowa
Provides technical support for technical and equipment matters in the manufacturing environment. The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate and facilitate process and asset related standardization, loss elimination, and risk management.
- Serves on project teams representing area of responsibility. Coordinates projects for area of responsibility. Works on projects to optimize the overall manufacturing base. Captures lessons learned and applies best practices from other areas of the plant on the project.
- Responsible for equipment specifications, oversees installation, and start-up of production floor equipment. Works to ensure that equipment purchased for the project starts up successfully and performs reliably long term. Accountabilities will include new equipment integration, equipment FAT's, coordination with vendors and suppliers, and onsite start-up support.
- Identifies and works on opportunities to improve processes within the area of responsibility. Assists in identifying potential long-term improvements or capital investments that would reduce cost to the business. Identifies and implements opportunities to reduce cost. Identifies means to obtain more output out of existing assets at a lower unit cost.
- Works to ensure the reliability, operability, and maintainability of existing, new and modified assets. Provides technical support to operations, maintenance, and applies problem solving and troubleshooting to technical issues. Facilitates the identification of the failure root cause and recommends proactive steps to prevent recurrence of failures.
- Supports production, processing, maintenance and reliability groups. Uses company engineering standards and specifications.
B.S. in Engineering
10+ years of experience in a food manufacturing environment is preferred.
Expert in material to equipment interface.
Expert in dosing capabilities for ingredients.
Knowledge in packaging specifications and packaging functionality.
Mechanical and electrical knowledge and aptitude along with maintenance programs and tool. PdM (vibration, oil analysis, IR, etc.).
Knowledge with Data systems associated with asset management, and an understanding of applicable industry codes and standards.
Technical problem solving and decision making.
Cause Mapping and other Root Cause Analysis tools.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview you must complete an online application at www.wellscareers.com
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Req ID: 2000001239