Avera NUTRITION AND FOOD SERVICE III in Le Mars, Iowa
Come join our award winning team at Floyd Valley Healthcare in our Dietary Department!
Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars, IA has a full-time position (32-40 hours per week) in our in our Dietary Department for a Food Service / Room Service Assistant.
We are looking for an AMAZING Food Service / Room Service Assistant with a "Get It Done" attitude! The ability with work with a TEAM in a collaborative and communicative environment is a MUST!
Food Service Assistant / Room Service Assistant Responsibilities:
- The Food Service Assistant is responsible for assembling patient menus, trays, and delivering meal to patients.
- Must be able to read and write English and have good math skills and some computer knowledge. Food Service Assistants must be able to read and follow recipes and do basic kitchen prep work. Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds and to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have great customer service and communication skills. Food Service Assistants visit with patients about meal options and deliver and set up meal trays.
- Approximately 32-40 hours per week, every other weekend and rotating holidays. Hours are Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. or 11:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Prior Food Service experience is a plus!
- BLS a plus; certification is required as an employee.
- Mandatory Reporter training certificate a plus; certification is required as an employee.
We are proud to offer:
- IPERS Retirement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life Insurance
- Fitness center
- Paid time off
- Salary based on experience
- Education opportunities for advanced certification
About Floyd Valley Healthcare: Floyd Valley Healthcare is a 25-bed critical access hospital and is located in Le Mars, Iowa home of "The Ice Cream Capital of the World!" Floyd Valley Healthcare has had a rich history of serving the healthcare needs of people in Le Mars, Iowa and the surrounding communities. Today Floyd Valley includes the hospital, family medicine clinics in Le Mars, Marcus and Remsen, public health and Park Place Estates Assisted Living. We serve people in their homes through home health and home medical services. Floyd Valley Healthcare is licensed by the State of Iowa, affiliated with the Avera System of Sioux Falls, South Dakota and is a member of the Iowa and American Hospital Associations.
Background check is required.