Valero Associate HSE Specialist - Ethanol Plant in LAKOTA, Iowa
Responsible for implementing systems to meet environmental, health and safety regulations/performance for ethanol production facility.
- Ensures implementation of processes and procedures to maintain compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations and permits under OSHA, TTB, FRA, EPA and state DENR.
- Implements facility’s Emergency Action Plan (EAP), Integrated Contingency Plan (ICP), Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC), and Risk Management Plan (RMP).
- Maintains facility’s commitments under the sites Air, Appropriations, NPDES, and Waste permits. Completes multi-media responsibility for task driven commitments.
- Establishes and maintains relationship with local fire departments and response organizations to facilitate their participation in the Facility Response Plan.
- Maintains and ensures implementation of Process Safety Management (PSM).
- Ensures implementation of Safe Work Practices (SWP), including providing training and making required changes.
- Implements site security plan.
- Provides leadership to the site’s Safety Committee Chairperson and team.
- Implements tasks defined on Environmental Health and Safety Routine Duties Calendar, ensuring 100% compliance.
- Maintains Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains Environmental Health and Safety systems inventory.
- Maintains Chemical Management System, including driving changes as necessary and accountability for budget and relationship management.
- Maintains compliance data systems, providing clear, timely access to information for routine reporting.
- Ensures systems are in place to provide required compliance and refinery performance for all areas of responsibility.
- Develops training schedule and provides self-performed training.
- Maintains EH&S training calendar.
- Maintains all required materials and any vendor contracts for EH&S training.
- Ensures all required compliance and performance audits are performed.
- Completes tasks required for regular audits of permits, regulations and plant performance criteria.
- Communicates any compliance issues and develops correction action plans.
- Tracks leading and lagging indicators for environmental health and safety and health performance.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Safety/Environmental Sciences or related technical field preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience in operating industrial facility subject to environmental, health and safety regulations preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year.
About Valero Renewables – Lakota
Valero Renewables-Lakota is located about 30 miles southeast of Fairmont, MN. The bio-refinery sits on 78 acres and started ethanol production in November 2002. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Lakota plant annually processes nearly 39 million bushels of corn into 110 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 400,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery has a nameplate capacity of 85 million gallons of ethanol per year and employs approximately 60 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans. *LI-LP1
Job: Health, Safety, %26 Environmental: Professionals %26 Engineers
Primary Location: US-IA-Lakota
Job Posting: Nov 19, 2018, 12:42:40 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18001JC