UnityPoint Health Rehabilitation Therapy Technician - Hiawatha (Part Time) in Hiawatha, Iowa
Description of Position:
Responsible for performing a variety of housekeeping, stocking and assigned clerical tasks, care for equipment, and assisting with patient care activities under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Cleans and sanitizes therapy equipment
· Maintains a safe and orderly work environment by performing duties such as routine cleaning of equipment, changing mat sheets and pillow cases between patients, restocking linen and returning equipment and supplies to their proper location
· Stocks treatment rooms
· Orders and puts supplies away
· Set up equipment and treatment areas for patients
· Assist in direct or indirect patient care activities under appropriate guidance, direction, and/or supervision in accordance with the State of Iowa practice acts. Examples of patient care activities include functional mobility training, strengthening and ROM exercises.
· Performs additional duties as assigned such as mentoring volunteers and interns, performing audits, grocery shopping, and making materials for home programs, maintaining various logs (iLs, food, dry cleaning log, temperature, preventative maintenance, MSDS), casting kids, and scoring tests.
· Assists with clerical tasks including scheduling as assigned
Program and Professional Development
· Facilitates orderly department functioning
· Participates in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and hospital meetings
· Participates in performance improvement activities
· Purposefully conducts all aspects of the job in an ethical manner in support of the hospital’s commitment to ethical behavior in all areas of personal and professional activity.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school diploma or equivalent required
Experience serving people
· Experience in a health care setting
· One-year therapy aide experience or some experience as a therapy aide/volunteer or current enrollment in a 2- or 4- year physical/occupational therapy program or pre-physical/occupational therapy curriculum.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
· Basic computer knowledge and skills
· Works well with all customers and co-workers at all levels of the organization
· Demonstrates a cooperative, courteous and dependable work performance
· Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-89440
Street: 1001 N Center Point Rd
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
Name: Rehab Outreach/Therpy Hiaw
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.5
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 4 hours/day Mon-Friday 1-5pm
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org