UnityPoint Health Radiology Technologist-Ultrasound-Grundy in Grundy Center, Iowa
A Registered Radiology Tech is a Diagnostic Radiographer and Ultrasonographer with RVT experience, who under the direction of the Radiology Lead Technologist or the assigned Supervisor is responsible for performing a variety of technical procedures on patients of all ages which requires independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis and for assuming responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required. Person hired must be willing to become CT certified within a specified timeframe.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
Administrative and Customer Support
· Performs quality diagnostic procedures, general as well as surgical, portable, and tomography. Is proficient in CT and Ultrasound. Provides and uses radiation protection devices and techniques in accordance with prescribed safety standards. Displays working knowledge of job requirements.
· All images are properly identified with patient I.D., side markers, and tech initials. Patients and others are not subjected to unneeded amounts of radiation. No accidents occur to patients, personnel, or equipment as a result of regulation or policy violations. Patient injuries are reported immediately per hospital policy.
· Maintains image quality. Positioning of patient and equipment and technique manipulation are accurate. Errors are rare, tasks are completed promptly.
· Correctly documents required information in the computerized information system (RIS). Exams are completed in a timely fashion. Exams performed are recorded. Records are complete, accurate, and up-to-date; no filing errors are made. Displays team attitude in assisting secretarial staff.
· Assists radiologists and/or physicians in specific procedures, patient care, and other duties as required. Assists radiologists and/or physicians in the administration of contrast media and other medications as required. Willingly and cheerfully assists others as needed; misadministration of drugs and contrasts do not occur.
· Applies knowledge of operation and use of diagnostic x-ray machines, processors, and other required equipment and maintains safety. Tests conducted using equipment are done correctly and produce accurate results; optimum processing is maintained at all times; malfunctions are reported immediately.
· Performs appropriate quantity of work. Consistently productive and volunteers to take on additional work when finished with assigned tasks. Rotates shifts, weekends, and holidays as required by the department.
· Applies knowledge and application of nursing procedures pertinent to patient care while in radiology. Correct procedures are used as appropriate.
· Directs patient flow as to specific room and time. Patients are not delayed unnecessarily for radiology services and do not wait longer than 15 minutes without explanation of delays.
· Maintains communications with Nursing Services concerning patient condition and radiographic procedural changes. Nursing Services aware of radiology department procedures and current status of patient conditions are reported immediately.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
· Transports patients when necessary. Patients are not unnecessarily delayed for scheduled tests.
· Instructs, guides, directs, assists, supervises, and evaluates students in specific clinical and didactic aspects of their education in a caring manner. Information presented is accurate and organized; students understand designated procedures; associate relates well to students and responds to students' needs for information and assistance.
· Evaluates sonograms for technical quality.
· Understands correct machine settings to produce accurate appearing images.
· Cleans departmental equipment and instruments. Equipment is clean, orderly, an ready for use; all safety/health regulations and procedures are met.
· Check to make sure preauthorization is present when needed.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Prefer 1-2 years of Radiology experience in the hospital environment
Holds Permit-to-Practice radiology in the state of Iowa.
Certified and holds current registration with the A.R.R.T. as a Radiologic Technologist.
Certified and holds current registration with the ARDMS or the ARRT in Sonography
Must be able to read and write English.
Requisition ID: 2020-76355
Street: 201 East J Ave
Name: 2620 Grundy County Hospital
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .80
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org