UnityPoint Health Supervisor House-Nursing Administration-Grinnell in Grinnell, Iowa
The House Supervisor has the responsibility and accountability for the assigned shift management of patient care areas. Assumes the responsibility for the hospital in the absence of administration. The House Supervisor is a non-unit-based RN who has achieved competency in intermediate administrative skills. This individual will demonstrate a commitment to personal and professional growth by acquiring and maintaining specialized skills, ongoing education, and involvement in delivery of quality care on an individual as well as facility wide level. The individual will support the leadership model in all nursing areas.
• Provides leadership by coordinating patient placement
• Assists in managing resources via efficient patient placement in order to meet quality and financial goals
• Problem solves patient placement issues with other members of health care team
• Facilitates effective multidisciplinary team work to expedite the flow of patients through the health care system.
• Provides recommendations regarding staffing decisions in collaboration with nursing departments
• Functions as part of the Unity Point-Grinnell Hospital Emergency Incident Command System during emergency situations
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
• Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
• Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
• Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
• Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
• Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
• Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare team members within their scope of practice and holds them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
• Utilizes critical thinking in developing nursing interventions while maintaining responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
Clinical Excellence and Patient Education
• Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
• Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
• Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Graduate of an accredited nursing program
• BSN/MSN preferred
• Two or more years of progressing leadership positions in the healthcare environment.
• Current Iowa License to practice as a Registered Nurse
• Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
• Advance Cardio Life Support (ACLS) current or completion within the first 3 months of employment.
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) current or completion within the first year of employment.
• Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) current or completion within the first year of employment or after first year, at next class offered by UPH-Grinnell.
• Certification in related specialty preferred.
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) current or completed within the first year.
• STABLE recommended.
Requisition ID: 2021-89791
Street: 210 4th Ave
Name: 3220 UnityPoint Health Grinnell Regional Medical Center
Name: Nursing Administration
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Varied / 36 hours a week
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org