UnityPoint Health ***Sign on Bonus Offered-Nursing Supervisor (Home Health)- Grinnell, IA in Grinnell, Iowa
UnityPoint At Home
Nursing Supervisor (Home Health)
Full Time Benefits
*$5,000 Sign on bonus offered if external candidate.
As a member of the clinical leadership team, assists in directing patient care in the home care and/or hospice setting in accordance with professional nursing standards. Provides oversight of the delivery of direct patient care through care coordination and guiding the collaboration among the interdisciplinary team. Is responsible for leadership of the clinical team and ensure the highest quality of patient care is provided through active engagement with employees in the patient home and other appropriate settings.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Key Accountability: Clinical Leadership
- Provides leadership and direct supervision with focus on clinical problem solving, mentoring, coaching, performance management, and annual performance evaluations of interdisciplinary team in accordance to HR policy and process administration.
· Assesses and educates staff on job performance and assures competency in staff, to meet or exceed agency established benchmarks, e.g. quality outcomes, patient satisfaction, productivity and documentation requirements.
Enforces compliance and quality standards based on objective feedback and measurements from quality specialists, patient care supervisors, and/or other clinical leadership staff.
Approves and coordinates coverage for staff absences, vacations and maintains staffing needs in accordance with safe patient care and quality standards.
Addresses and resolves patient/caregiver complaints, events or safety concerns from patient, family or caregivers.
Performs clinical duties including patient/ family visits for field observations and competency evaluation of care to facilitate teamwork and ensure compliance with regulatory and state regulations.
Monitors productivity, clinical assignments and direct supervision of scheduling workflows to ensure compliance with established operational metrics and compliance with regulation standards.
Interprets data and implements best practices to achieve established metrics for clinical, fiscal and satisfaction outcomes including staff engagement, staff retention, clinical outcomes and patient and family experience.
Provides coverage for supervisor staff during absences/vacation request and participates in leadership call responsibility as assigned by region.
Participates in interview and hiring process including working with service line preceptor in completion of the onboarding process and is responsible for coordination of orientation and training programs for new staff.
Key Accountability: Care Coordination
- Assists clinical team to coordinate complex referral to other services, community resources, etc. ensure effective processes implemented between referral source, central coordination and clinical staff.
· Facilitates communication between the interdisciplinary team, physicians, patients and family members.
· Participates in case conference sessions for care coordination, discharge planning and utilization as determined appropriate by patient care supervisor or designee.
· Participates and supports continuous improvement and quality initiatives.
· May be responsible for regulatory role of clinical manager (HOME CARE ONLY)
o Making patient and personnel assignment.
o Coordinating patient care.
o Coordinating referrals.
o Assuring that patient needs are continually assessed.
o Assuring the development, implementation and updates of the individualized plan of care.
o Available (or assigning a designee) at all times during operating hours
o Ensures the quality of services offered and adequate staffing
Key Accountability: Subject Matter Expert
· Expert in service line rules and regulations
· Reviews documentation to ensure compliance with state regulations, conditions of participation and payer requirements.
· Ensures care delivery by team(s) is in compliance with state regulations, standards of professional practice by discipline, conditions of participation and payer requirements.
· Super-user of electronic health record.
· Responsible for OASIS and/or HIS review and accuracy.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of State Board approved program for Registered Nurses.
Two years home care and/or hospice case management experience.
If fulfilling role of Home Care Clinical Manager: 2 years home care experience and one year supervisory experience
3-5 years home care supervision/leadership experience
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Current license to practice nursing according to state where service is provided.
Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state requirement.
Person Centered Care (PCC) course completion within first 12 months of hire and annual completion of competency validation activities.
COS-C certification obtained within 12 months of hire is preferred. (home care only).
Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to work as a team member.
Strong computer skills.
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Ability to critically think and make clinical decisions based on verbal and written communication.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-77885
Street: 306 4th Ave
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: Admin- HC- DM
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8a-5p, plus evening and weekend coverage
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org