UnityPoint Health RN Acute-ICU-Grinnell, Nights, Part Time in Grinnell, Iowa
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients and their families as directed by the medical staff. The RN guides and supervises nursing personnel, collaborates with other healthcare professionals, and coordinates ancillary staff. Demonstrates professional growth and accountability. Provides care for patients in an 8-bed mixed intensive care unit.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
• Demonstrates time management skills by delivering care and completing assignments in a timely manner and exercises safe judgment in decision making.
• Reports, in a timely manner, pertinent patient observations, significant incidents, or any changes in patient’s condition to appropriate person.
• Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
• Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
• Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
• Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care.
• Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
• Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare team members within their scope of practice and holds them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
• Utilizes critical thinking in developing nursing interventions while maintaining responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
• Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration, follows medication administration right and processes, and appropriately documents all administered medications.
Clinical Excellence and Patient Education
• Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
• Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
• Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
• BSN - Preferred
• One year of critical care experience preferred
• Current Iowa Registered Nurse License
• Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from date of hire
• Must receive Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification within 12 months of hire
• GRMC approved Critical Care Course current or completion within the first year of employment
• Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) current or completion within the first year of employment or after first year at next class offered at GRMC.
• Certification in Critical Care Nursing (CCRN) - Preferred
• Valid driver’s license when driving and vehicle for work related reasons.
Requisition ID: 2021-88696
Street: 210 4th Ave
Name: 3220 UnityPoint Health Grinnell Regional Medical Center
Name: Intensive Care Unit
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .6
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 7p-7a varied nights
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org