UnityPoint Health Stroke Nurse Coordinator in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health - Fort Dodge
Stroke Nurse Coordinator
FTE: .5 (Part-time, 20 hours per week)
Shift: various day shifts
· Clinical Practice
Provides for the clinical needs of stroke patients, both directly and indirectly.
Acts as a consultant, provides expertise in stroke care to nurses, pre-hospital providers and other health care professionals.
Assists in the development of nursing standards of care for stroke patients in collaboration with appropriate disciplines.
Participates in the development, implementation and ongoing assessment of stroke protocols.
Collaborates with other healthcare professionals in providing continuity of care to stroke patients and families from admission through discharge.
Participates in multidisciplinary stroke research projects as investigator and/or coordinator.
Integrates research findings into practice.
Observes practice and investigates methods of delivering nursing care.
· Performance Improvement
Assists in the development, implementation and assessment of nursing performance improvement programs related to stroke care.
Assists in the maintenance of the stroke registry by:
· Supervising data collection and monitoring of compliance. · Participating in data analysis. · Distributes reports to appropriate health team members.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of stroke performance measures and reports findings to appropriate health team members.
Coordinates and collaborates on nursing educational activities necessary to meet the objectives of the stroke program services.
Identifies learning needs of the nursing staff.
In conjunction with staff development: · Develops the overall plan for stroke-related in services and continuing education activities.
The Stroke Nurse Coordinator is a member of the core stroke team requiring eight hours of stroke education annually.
Assists in formulating stroke service goals and policies.
Communicates stroke service policies, procedures and goals to the nursing staff.
Assists the stroke Medical Director and nurse manager in the investigation and resolution of problems and concerns in the area of stroke care.
Coordinates and participates in hospital stroke program recertification.
Participates in nursing department meetings; serves on hospital and/or nursing committees as appointed or requested.
· Demonstrates positive customer relation skills. · Ad Adheres to hospital and unit dress code. · Works with stroke Medical Director to coordinate/chair regular stroke Committee meetings.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Associate Degree or Diploma Bachelors of Science in Nursing required. Refer to BSN Employee Voluntary Agreement Refer to Stroke Service Policy for annual stroke education requirements. Bachelors of Science or Bachelors in Nursing.
3 years nursing experience
Current RN Licensure in State of Iowa or applicable compact state. Must be licensed in state of residence.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Microsoft Office – basic computer skills. Customer/patient focused. Critical thinking skills using
independent judgment in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position. Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle, rental or own vehicle.
Requisition ID: 2021-92280
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: Quality Improvement
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.5
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Day hours, flexibility as needed depending on projects
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org