UnityPoint Health Registered Nurse-Integrated Health Home in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health-Fort Dodge
Registered Nurse-Integrated Health Home
Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm but there will be possibly one night a week 10am-6:30pm
Full Time Benefits
Integrated Health Home Nurse provides care coordination, works closely with patients, families and physicians. IHH nurse works collaboratively with IHH Team to maintain and improve quality outcomes and patient outcomes.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
o Assess patients medical and behavioral health needs
o Review all patient medications and check for potential drug interactions
o Ensure that the patient, and all providers who prescribe medications for the patient have an accurate medication list and holistic treatment plans
o Refer patients to community resources
o Create an integrated health treatment plan with patient engagement
o Follow up with referral sources to ensure that patients and other providers are following their treatment plan
o Obtain health information from patients including but not limited to height, weight, waist circumference, allergies, current and previous medications, and smoking
o Responsible for ensuring that one’s caseload is meeting health performance indicators
o Enter patient health information into EPIC system
o Assist patients in completing patient assistance and other public assistance forms
o Assist patients in completing Integrated Health Home enrollment forms
o Assist patients in completing health questionnaires
o Provide direct services to patients as needed including but not limited to transportation
o Assist patients in completing quality assurance surveys
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
· Must have a cellular phone to make and receive calls from staff, managers or patients.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
License RN or BSN
Experience working with in medical clinic, home health, hospital or nursing home. 6 months experience providing behavioral health services.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons. Class D license
Ability to delegate wisely, exercise good judgment, maintain good interpersonal relationships, adapt to change, evaluate critically and think creatively. Individual will demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to adult and geriatric patients with severe and persistent mental illnesses. Individual will demonstrate effective written and verbal skills allowing communication with physicians, co-workers, other clinic/hospital personnel, as well as the public. Position requires good organizational skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-78020
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: SAMHSA Grant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org