UnityPoint Health Hospice Massage Therapist-Fort Dodge, IA in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint At Home
Hospice Massage Therapist
Monday-Friday 8a-4:30 (16 hours a week)
Part Time Benefits
The Hospice Massage Therapist is responsible for the delivery of therapeutic massage services to hospice patients. These services may include various styles of therapeutic massage and are provided to the patient where they reside and in the Inpatient Hospice Unit. The Massage Therapist works closely with the interdisciplinary team in meeting the unique needs of each individual and family.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Consistently utilizes a patient-centered approach considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned service area.
· Provides therapeutic massage in accordance with written physician order and patient evaluation plan of care.
· Delivers quality care consistent with Hospice Conditions of Participation, qualifying hospice criteria, payer coverage criteria, and providing visits/treatments consistent with the plan of care.
· Develops and administers plan of treatment in collaboration with the hospice IDT.
· Maintains accurate and timely documentation of clinical records and time/travel entries.
· Participates in case conferences, in-service programs and other meetings required ensuring coordinated and comprehensive care.
· Instructs patient/family/caregivers in administration of the treatment plan.
· Identifies and refers patient/family/caregivers to appropriate individuals or agencies as necessary.
· Cleans, maintains, prepares and adjusts massage therapy equipment in accordance with industry standards.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate from an accredited school of Massage Therapy.
Certified in Healing Touch
6 months of massage experience
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Possession of licensure as a massage therapist issued by the State where providing services.
Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state(s) requirement.
Person Centered Care (PCC) course completion within first 12 months of hire and annual completion of competency validation activities.
Ability to demonstrate competence and maintain current knowledge in providing massage therapy to neonates through geriatrics.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge of professional massage therapy principles and practices.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-81437
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: SN Visits- Hosp- FD
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday - Friday, 8-4:30 Total 16 hours per week.
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org