Trinity Health Registered Nurse - NICU- Full Time - Nights in Dubuque, Iowa
Full time position in the NICU department at MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center. Primarily night position; this position is also required to work every third weekend and every third holiday. Will be cross trained to care for postpartum moms and newborns. Required to become NRP certified in first six months; Mandatory Reporter and BLS also required.
The Mercy registered nurse must hold an active license to practice nursing in the state of Iowa. A baccalaureate degree in nursing and certification by a nationally recognized nursing organization is preferred and strongly encouraged. An applicant must have a minimum of an associate’s degree in nursing. The registered nurse continuously seeks opportunities to enhance his or her own professional nursing practice. Membership in an appropriate professional nursing organization is recommended.
Mercy Medical Center promotes excellence in nursing practice and a thriving professional practice environment, as evidenced by our designation as a Magnet Hospital. Consistent with the American Nurses Association’s Nursing Social Policy Statement (2010), we support the definition of professional nursing and the essential features of contemporary nursing practice including:
- Provision of a caring relationship that facilitates health and healing
- Attention to the range of human experiences and responses to health, disease, and illness within the physical and social environments
- Integration of objective data with knowledge gained from an appreciation of the patient’s or group’s subjective experience
- Application of scientific knowledge to the processes of diagnosis and treatment through the use of judgment and critical thinking
- Advancement of professional nursing knowledge through scholarly inquiry
- Influence of social and public policy to promote social justice
Job Number: 00174427
Location: Dubuque, IA
Organization Name: MercyOne - Dubuque
Facility: MMCIA - Mercy Medical Center - Dubuque
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Night Shift