UnityPoint Health Unit Based Educator-2N Med/Surg-Lutheran in Des Moines, Iowa
Collaborates with nursing leadership and education professionals to coordinate, influence, and assist with the implementation of nursing care and related nursing activities at the nursing unit level. Assesses, develops and implements orientation, education and competency programs for department staff to positively impact the quality of patient care.
· Integrates the UnityPoint Health Moines Nursing Expectations of Performance in all aspects of care delivery and professional practice.
· Collaborates in developing, implementing, and evaluating standards of evidenced based practice and policies/procedures related to care.
· Develops, implements, and evaluates clinical orientation for nursing s.
· Supports the clinical preceptor for effective clinical education of staff
· Assesses the educational needs of staff and identifies learning needs
· Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of in services and continuing education offerings for clinical staff using formal and informal teaching methods.
· Serves as a resource to clinical staff involved in the care of the patient in the specific area of clinical expertise.
· Consults with nursing leadership with regards to concerns/issues about clinical competence, equipment, and care delivery systems related to specific patient care problems/populations
· Demonstrates interdisciplinary team membership by being objective and open to other’s views, giving and welcoming feedback, contributing to team goals, and putting success of team above own interest.
· Use of formal and informal mentoring and just in time teaching methods
· Resource for the development and evaluation of competency based orientation and skills validation.
· Acts as a positive role model and resource for staff
· Accepts responsibility for maintaining and developing own skill and knowledge in the clinical work area (C)
· Maintains an awareness of evidenced based nursing and research in clinical area
· Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Practice reflects knowledge of HIPAA, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Demonstrates the ability to meet the department work schedule.
· Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Preferred or Specialized
Bachelor’s degree in nursing required.
2 years of hospital experience in relevant clinical area.
Current Iowa license as a registered nurse.
Current BCLS (CPR)
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Certification in area of specialty preferred
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position. Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle, rental or own vehicle.
Requisition ID: 2019-67742
Street: 700 E University Ave
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: Med/Surg 2N- Luth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.2
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Varies days/evenings, paired with floor RN position; every 3rd weekend
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org