UnityPoint Health Supervisor Patient Access-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
This position is responsible for supervising for Patient Access for UPH- Des Moines. Responsibilities include completing error tracking, monitoring staff productivity and holding staff accountable for completing registration and cashier functions with accuracy in an efficient and effective manner. Responsible for monitoring staff compliance for following all regulations that impact Patient Access and cashier functions. Holds staff accountable for an exceptional Patient Experience. Oversees and coordinates the training and job performance of employees who report to this position. Successful fulfillment of these responsibilities will promote a motivated staff and contribute toward a prompt and accurate attainment of department and Health System objectives. Participates in on call rotation once every 8 weeks.
• Assist managers with all human resource functions for Patient Access including screening, hiring scheduling and evaluating staff as well as mentoring, coaching, disciplining and terminating staff using established company policy.
• Provides departmental leadership, communication, planning and problem solving skills for Patient Access and Revenue Cycle processes
• Serves in system administrator roles for Insurance Payers, Kronos, DCR tracker and other systems as needed.
• Employee facing at all times which will include rounding with staff , routine point of service audits, quality reviews, training and process improvement initiatives.
• Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse.
Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience) with a minimum of two years previous experience in Revenue Cycle functions where Medical terminology required.
Experience: Prefer individuals with strong analytical skills and prior experience working in a Patient Access, Billing or Revenue Cycle area.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Requisition ID: 2019-68309
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $20.77/Hr.
Name: Patient Access- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 5pm-1:30am, occasional weekend hours and on call
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org