CommonSpirit Health Scheduler - Access to Health - PRN in DES MOINES, Iowa
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Under general supervision, schedules appointments for patients, medical procedures, tests and studies ordered by the physician. Collects pertinent patient information related to pre-registration activities.
• Responsible for answering phone calls for multiple clinics and adhering to work force management and service levels
• Schedules office visits for multiple providers according to the providers’ preferences for appointment types, lengths and individual appointment nuances
• Multi-task between incoming CHAT and telephone access avenues
• Transfers phone calls to nurse according to protocols
• Gathers insurance information and patient personal data.
• May perform real time and/or manual eligibility
• Schedules tests, procedures, and referral appointments as trained
• Communicates with patients regarding appointments and instructions for procedures and tests.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
High school diploma or GED required.
Minimum two (2) years’ related experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
Call center experience preferred.
Excellent customer service skills & performs in a calm, professional manner
Utilizes timely, appropriate and effective telephonic, oral and written communications
Ability to multi-task
Ability to work both independently and as a team
Meets and maintains quality, productivity and accuracy standards
Data entry responsibilities
Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities (https://careers-commonspirit.icims.com/connect?back=intro&in_iframe=1&hashed=-435626305) to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2020-110114
Employment Type Part Time
Department Central Scheduling - Primary Care
Standard Hours VARIED
Facility / Process Level : Name MercyOne
Location IA-DES MOINES
Equal Opportunity CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- CommonSpirit Health Jobs