Catholic Health Initiatives RN -Critical Care Resource Pool- PRN (Varied) **Experience Required** in DES MOINES, Iowa
RN -Critical Care Resource Pool- PRN (Varied) Experience Required
Location: DES MOINES, IOWA, UNITED STATES
Requisition #: 2019-R0255593
Post Date: 4 days ago
Provides individualized, high-quality nursing care to patients of all ages. Uses a team approach to delegate and coordinate patient care at admission, transfer, and discharge. Independently delivers nursing care using the Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical Center policies, nursing standards, ethical principles, and professional judgment. Works rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as scheduled. Provides nursing care across all units within trained specialty.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
· Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring patient comfort.
· Practices safe patient handling techniques.
· Continues to evaluate assigned patients and provides ongoing treatment.
· Anticipates, identifies, and responds to educational and emotional needs of patients and families.
· Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e. Patient Care Technicians) in caring for patients.
· Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance, and use (i.e., IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices). Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms whenever available to maximize patient safety.
· Initiates emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS :
· Serves in a charge/leadership role based on skill and unit needs. When assigned charge, makes patient assignments; triages patients; and problem solves with staff, physicians, patients, families, and ancillary departments.
· Takes assigned call as defined in unit policy.
· Assists with patient care duties/tasks (i.e., emptying drainage devices, ambulating, and hygiene).
· Assists with clerical duties (i.e., maintenance of chart, patient record, and answering phones and call lights).
· Maintains patient care supplies, equipment, and environment.
· Provides orientation/education for staff, students, and other hospital and community organizations as requested.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
· Possession of a current or compact state license as a Registered Nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
· BSN preferred.
· Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter – Child and/or Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of hire.
· Basic Life Support certified within six (6) weeks of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support.
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support certified within nine (9) months of hire, if required by your department.
Requisition ID: 2019-R0255593
Market: Mercy Medical Center
We are excited to share that CHI was named as one of America’s Best Employers 2019, by Forbes. Clickhereto learn more.
Chances are, you’re here because you’re looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment. We’re confident you’ll find all three at CHI. As one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen. Learn More
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic
Catholic Health Initiatives
- Catholic Health Initiatives Jobs