UnityPoint Health Respiratory Therapist-Methodist- "$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS" in Des Moines, Iowa
Successfully functions as a Respiratory Care Practitioner as defined by the Iowa Board of Respiratory Care Practitioner Examiners of the Iowa Department of Public Health. Provides Respiratory Care for patients under the direction of a physician. Successful performance contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, quality patient/family care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families.
• Demonstrates clinical competency and technical knowledge in the delivery and administration of patient respiratory care interventions and treatments including initiation of ventilatory support, delivery of aerosolized medications, implementation and maintenance of protocols approved by medical staffing. Monitors and assesses breath sounds and vital signs.
• Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
• Audits patient records to ensure accuracy of patient care documentation and associated billing
• Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgment, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
• Utilizes a holistic approach (considering psychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
• Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers and holding them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
• Consistently delivers high quality care utilizing the respiratory care process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies and procedures and standards of care.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately
• Collects data from record review to ensure that standardized care is being provided consistently to improve patient outcomes, regulatory compliance and satisfaction.
• Assesses needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
• Documents in the electronic medical record of patient any teaching that has been provided to patient and family.
Education: Graduate of accredited Respiratory Care program for registry eligibility. Bachelor’s in Respiratory Care or Health Sciences related field of study perferred.
Experience: Minimum as required to achieve educational and credentialing requirements.
• Must have RRT credential as a minimum and have current licensure in good standing to practice as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in Iowa
• Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from date of hire.
• If main specialization is to cover a critical care unit, must have ACLS, PALS or NRP Certification (within 1 years of hire).
• Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
• If specializing in one of the critical care units, prefer Adult Critical Care Specialist (ACCS) and/or Neonatal-Pediatric Specialty (NPS) credentials.
• Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
• Multicultural sensitivity
• Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
• Customer/patient focused
• Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Requisition ID: 2020-77970
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $23.28/Hr.
Name: Respiratory Care- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 7P-7A, also includes working every 3rd weekend 7P-7A
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org