UnityPoint Health Quality Partner-Younker Rehabilitation Support in Des Moines, Iowa
The Quality Partner provides coordination of the timely and accurate data completion of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility- Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) for each rehabilitation inpatient. Applies clinical expertise to ensure the clinical documentation required for the completeness of patient record using a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary team process. Collaborates with providers and interdisciplinary clinicians to reach goals and objectives of the CDI program. This individual collects, reviews and monitors the information contained in the IRF-PAI, on each patient to assure accuracy in the scoring of functional status and reflection of the patient’s care needs, as documented in the medical record and the UDS Pro-Doc system, in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. In addition this position is responsible for educating the licensed clinical staff on the Functional Independence Measure (FIM Training). This position will assist in the ongoing monitoring of identified outcome benchmarks for the inpatient population. The PPS Coordinator has access to confidential patient information and maintains confidentiality of all information.
· Responsible for staff orientation and ongoing education to improve documentation accuracy at admission, throughout the stay and upon discharge.
· Serves as a resource to licensed clinicians and clinical staff regarding questions and interpretation of FIM scoring guidelines, according to UDS training guidelines, in order to assure the accuracy of the FIM scores.
· Provides ongoing education to the staff of the hospital to assure accurate and timely completion of the IRF-PAI.
· Review medical record documentation to support the accuracy and timeliness of the functional scores and comorbid conditions, according to CMS guidelines.
· Assures that the IRF- PAI is consistent with the medical record documentation and reflects the functional status and 24-hour care needs of the patient.
· Collaborates with physicians and interdisciplinary team members to make the most accurate assessment of the needs and strengths of patients are captured in the medical record.
· Compares actual knowledge of the patient to care provided to the patient and the information contained on the IRF- PAI. Makes appropriate corrections to the IRF PAI in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team in order to accurately reflect the burden of care upon admission, throughout the stay and upon discharge.
· Investigates the Impairment Group Code and co-morbidities in a collaborative manner with the physicians and coders that would allow for accurate coding of the patient’s stay.
· Oversees/completes and analyzes any FIM data assuring the accuracy and the completion of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility-Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) according to CMS guidelines and prior to electronic transmission.
· Reviews the medical record documentation to ensure accuracy and to support the correct Case Mix Group (CMG) assignments.
· Coordinates the completion of the admission assessment of the IRF-PAI
· PPS Coordinator and the HIMs department (coder) work collaboratively to assure timely completion and transmittal of the IRF PAI.
· Maintains current knowledge of the UDS Pro-Doc system and CMS IRF-PAI software and provides expertise on this software within the inpatient rehab setting and contributes to facility process improvement plans.
· Maintains updated and ongoing knowledge of the regulations concerning the IRF-PAI and its completion within the inpatient rehab setting.
· Serves as an information source and educator to IRF-PAI users.
· Periodically performs medical record audits including audits of the IRF PAI instrument, clinical documentation and billing information to assure accuracy and consistency of documentation.
· Demonstrates effective critical thinking skills.
· Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors and staff.
· Utilizes appropriate leadership skills in delegating, organizing and educating coworkers and staff.
· Promotes participation, cooperation and teamwork. Demonstrates problem solving in resolving issues. Demonstrates clear and effective communication skills.
Iowa License in good standing
Requisition ID: 2018-46342
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: Physician Support
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.8
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: M-F 8:00AM-4:30PM
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org