UnityPoint Health Oncology Registrar-Oncology Administration-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
The oncology registrar performs assigned functions accurately and in a timely manner to complete all requirements of an approved cancer program as governed by the American College of Surgeons, including abstracting cancer cases, managing registry data, and assisting with quality studies.
Remote work considered
• Abstracts accurately onto a computer all pertinent information regarding demographics, cancer site, histology, stage and treatments for each case to be entered into the database.
• Participates in quality control reviews of database to assure consistency and accuracy of data being collected.
• Coordinates and implements clinical summaries for Tumor Board, assists with studies, annual report, case finding, data requests, etc.
• Develops and maintains relationships with physicians’ offices, other hospitals, and IMMC staff.
• Exercises extreme responsibility in the area of confidentiality in accessing and maintaining proper release of medical information relating to cancer patients.
• Keeps current knowledge of job requirements and changes by reviewing pertinent literature and attending job-related educational programs and/or workshops.
• Participates in and assures readiness for ACoS surveys.
Education: Associate’s Degree required. Academic knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology. Bachelor’s degree in health-related field preferred. Certificate in Cancer Registry Management (CRM) or Cancer Information Management (CIM).
Experience: Experience in healthcare preferred. Experience in oncology registry and statistics and/or an ACoS approved hospital cancer program preferred.
License(s)/Certification(s): Certified Tumor Registrar or Certified Tumor Registrar within one year of eligibility. Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and web browser. Data analytics preferred.
Requisition ID: 2021-90936
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $20.14/Hr.
Name: Oncology Administration- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.8
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Days (32 hours/week)
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org