UnityPoint Health Nursing Systems Scheduling Assistant-Clinical Staffing in Des Moines, Iowa
Provides support to the nursing inpatient units as related to staffing and scheduling for the units. Collaborates with the leadership and staff on the units to provide appropriate staffing on a shift by shift basis.
• Uses critical thinking skills and decision making skills to evaluate the workload in the nursing units and assign float personnel to area of greatest need.
• Collaborates with nursing units in problem solving staffing issues.
• Coordinates and communicates with nursing units, options to ensure appropriate staffing (ie: outside agency).
• Assigns and verifies agency staff to floors
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Verifies agency bills with schedules and compiles this information for reports
• Assist in preparing reports as requested.
• Prepares statistical data for clinical staffing office utilizing the access database.
• Maintains proficiency in knowledge of software programs, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, E-mail and others as requested.
• Maintains proficiency in knowledge of One Staff scheduling system documenting shifts worked for Internal Resource Team.
• Special projects as required by the department.
Education: High school graduate or GED equivalent.
Experience: Experience with computers and ability to learn computer skills. One year successful secretarial or clerical experience required.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Microsoft Office – basic computer skills. Customer/patient focused. Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Requisition ID: 2021-85820
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $13.90/Hr.
Name: Clinical Staffing
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 4:30a-2:30p Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org