UnityPoint Health Nuclear Medical Technologist-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
Under the direction of a Radiologist, the Nuclear Medicine Technologist conducts nuclear medicine imaging and radioactive quantitative procedures to provide accurate and timely clinical diagnostic information to healthcare professionals. These functions are successfully completed within our Mission and FOCUS values to assure high quality patient care.
• Prepares and administers radioactive agents to patients to obtain diagnostic images and quantitative/functional data.
• Maintains equipment, appropriate documents and records, and a safe work area.
• Performs, evaluates, and documents quality control, proficiency testing, and quality assurance procedures.
• Operates scintillation cameras/computers and radiation-measuring probes and detectors to produce images and graphic test data for interpretation by physicians.
• Performs, evaluates, and documents troubleshooting and problem-solving, and interprets data for appropriate healthcare professionals.
• Exemplifies a professional, compassionate, and cooperative representative of radiology, thus providing excellent customer service.
• Consistently utilizes a holistic approach (considering physical, psych/social, emotional, safety and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients served in Nuclear Medicine.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• UnityPoint Health’s system-wide, common values – FOCUS shall be used to guide professional behaviors and expectations for service.
• Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
• Demonstrates the ability to meet the department work schedule.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Education: Successful completion of an accredited nuclear medicine technology training course.
License(s)/Certification(s): Maintain NMTCB or ARRT AND IDPH CEU requirements. Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from date of hire.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Requisition ID: 2021-88001
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $28.93/Hr.
Name: Nuclear Medicine- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: PRN- As Needed
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org